Steps and Tips to Buying Cheap Tickets
With just a little planning and flexibility, it is possible to reach your desired destination without breaking your bank. Cheap Plane Tickets Follow the steps and tips given in this article to make sure you buy the cheap tickets for your travel.
Step 1: Always update yourself on airfares by reading the newspaper and watching the news. Wait for the announcement of promotional cheap tickets and fares released by different airlines.
Step 2: Have a flexible flight schedule. You can normally buy cheap tickets for flights scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, late-night or red-eyes flights, very early morning flights and flights with at least one stop.
Step 3: Ask airline companies if they offer travel packages so you can save some money in some areas. For example, you can get discount for a hotel room or rental car when you purchase them with the airline ticket or vice versa.
Step 4: Inquire if the fare stated on their website is the cheapest. It’s also best to check more than one site and make a comparison of the rates.
Step 5: Ask for standby fares if you are planning to fly off-season. It’s bad to fly standby during high season because most airline companies overbook their flights, making it hard to find cheap tickets for available seats.
Step 6: You can buy cheap tickets from consolidators as they purchase blocks of tickets and offer them at discounted prices to help airline companies fill up their available seats. You can find ticket consolidators from the newspaper’s travel section.
Step 7: Book flights early. You can buy cheap tickets if you will reserve your flight 21 days ahead.
Step 8: Use the same airline for the entire trip so you can receive connecting or roundtrip fare discounts.
1. Refund and exchange policies on airline tickets are quite strict especially on sites offering tickets at discounted price.
2. It’s a good idea to join a travel club if you travel frequently in a year.
3. If you have the same trip to different countries, ask your travel agent if you can have open-jaw flights.
4. Ask airline companies or your travel agent if you can get student, military or senior discounts, or whichever may apply to you.
5. Cheap tickets are really cheap and may save you money but before purchasing them, make sure to read refunds or exchanges policies as well as the terms and conditions of the sale.